Monday, February 2, 2009

Did you realize....that you were a champion in their eyes?

Runners will tell you that putting in miles gives you a chance to clear your mind, a good chance to solve problems or maybe enough peace and quiet to try to think about where you left the remote control. I had said when I started blogging that I wouldn't get too personal but.....A lot of times when I'm out running I start to think about where I am in life and what kind of person I have become. In my mind I am wondering what kind of expectations my parents had for me and where I have succeeded and failed in meeting them. They never told me what they expected of me or told me what I could expect out of life. I tell my son as often as I can that he is a champion and I expect great things of him. He is stubborn like his Dad (and Grandpa) so I'm afraid sometimes he'll repeat the same mistakes I've made.My dad has always been my hero and I hope I am my sons'.

I apologize to the people I've failed and I forgive the people who have failed me.I appreciate my wife for loving me and I love her for appreciating me. I am who I am and no one knows that better than she does. I realize the it's important to learn from your mistakes and move on because just like I run with one foot in front of the other, the hands of time move in the same direction. Time stands still for no one.


"Let me know if you feel it man.
Cuz everything I'm not made me everything I am"

1 comment:

  1. i bet you have more successes than you think, kanye. keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete