Thursday, February 5, 2009

"But I'm a champion...so I turn tragedy to triumph.

I didn't really want to go back to the last entry but one of my sisters' entries reminded me of someone who had high hopes for me. He was the next best thing to a father to me and at times he had to be. My Grandfather Ignacio Gonzalez or "Grandpa Chino" as everyone called him was a soft spoken guy and he was the one who held the family together and when he passed away, sure enough, the family fell apart.
So it got me thinking that just as my Grandpa believed in my potential and I believe in my sons', I need to teach him not to let it go to waste. I signed up for a business class at P.C.C. I run by there all the time and I actually used to make my way inside. It's been a while but it'll be good to be back. My goal is to get a degree in Accounting. We'll see how it goes. My youngest sister graduates soon. I am so proud of you Diana!
From the time I was a kid, my Grandpa and I never told each other goodbye. We always said "Aye te watcho" which is slang for I'll see you later. I was holding his hand as he left this world to enter the next when I said it to him for the last time.

1 comment:

  1. i'm sure you're still making your grandpa proud

    ReplyDelete