Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Friends. How many of us have them?

I started off "playing" on twitter just like some other people, "for the LOLs" but what did I do? I fucked around and made some friends in the process. I will say for the record that I've never met some of these people in real life. When I say "some", I'm talking about 98% but when you think about it, does that really matter? Do you really need to meet in person to consider someone a friend? I really don't think so but just to be fair, let's check out the dictionary's definition of the word "friend" to see if it differs from mine. According to "Websters" the definition of the word friend is,"One person attached to another by respect or affection". Damn!! That's pretty good. I don't know if I can beat that but this is my definition here. Check it out.


Friends are people who...

1. keep you laughing all day especially when you might not be in any mood to reciprocate.

2. disregard the twitter handle and always call you by your first name.

3. are reading this blog post right now. Thank you, by the way.

4. go out of their way to wish you a Happy Birthday.

5. find a way to check up on you when you give up Twitter for Lent.

6. inspire you with every single one of their tweets.

7. have never met you in "real life" but are willing to spend their hard earned cash just to make you smile.

8. I wish nothing but the best for and who feel the same about me.

9. use their ability to reach people to help you spread the word about things and people who are very important to you.

10. accept you for who you are and what you believe because you're willing to do the same.

That's my definition of a friend and I hope to meet as many of you as I can. Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. Orale - honored to call myself your friend, bro. One day we'll share drinks and break bread. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egualmente bro...I'm truly honored! Hit me up if you're ever in NorCal...I'll make you one of my 'famous' micheladas!
    ~rafa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I feel the same way about friends I've made through blogs, Twitter, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I laugh when Non-Twitter people ask me what's so funny or why do I ask people on Twitter for advice. All I can offer is, if you aren't on, you can't possibly understand. Happy to have stumbled on to your blog. Looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, thanks for your comment and thanks for following. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete